Monday, April 23, 2007

Where was Suz when the lights went out?

I haven't posted much about work because I am in CYA mode, but after 5 weeks of being run out of cubes and working from home because of all the construction here I am just about at my wit's end. The overhead lights went out about an hour and a half ago and I (along with a few coworkers) have been working from laptop screen light. That's all the light we have here. Talk about stupid. The here is what the office looks like if you aren't looking directly at your computer screen. Can't print anything since the circuit the printer is on is dead. This after opening the freezer door in the break room only to be buried alive by a cascade of ice cubes because some mental giant removed the cube collecting basket without turning off the ice cube maker and evidently it made ice cubes all weekend that were held in place by the closed door until I released them. Yep, it's Monday. Enjoy.

I'm going to go to the break room and open the freezer door again. I want to experience what an ice avalanche felt like to Helen Keller.

UPDATE: After 2 hours squinting in the dark I went home. Because working in the dark is dumb unless you have a job in a theater or bat cave.

4 comments:

Gnomeself Be True said...

Nice...Happy Monday to you.

Ed & Jeanne said...

Wow, you are really in the dark, aren't you ;)

Shawna said...

HAHAHA, Helen Keller....classic.

House of Suz said...

This morning I came in and only half the lights are back on and my cube is still pretty much not littered with light. When I complained out loud (because I do that) one of my cube mates stated that we probably won't get all our lights back until we make quota. Looks like it's going to be a long, dark stretch.