Wednesday, April 25, 2007

Fatty fatty 2 x 4, can't fit through the kitchen door.


I made the mistake of opening up my big mouth and volunteered to be diet-support in Nicole's weight loss venture. And by support I don't mean sitting on the sidelines and chanting "Go Nicole, don't eat!", that would be too easy, I actually have to set a goal and lose the weight as well. And it's not that I don't want to be supportive or anything, I just don't want to have to work out more or make any changes to my normal cheese/bread/wine diet. Like most folks I'm all about the wanting to lose weight and not-so-all-about doing something about it. I am a "I want it when I want it" kind of gal.


Most would say I don't even need to lose weight but I have added to my girth (3-5 lbs) since quitting smoking (2 years ago) and since I am OLDER (as in older than most of you) it is harder to drop the lbs when I desire. When I was younger I would simply skip a dinner here or there and stay at my desired weight. Not so easy any more.

So, I guess I'll go to the gym today and weigh myself and then set a goal. I forgot to ask Nicole how much time I had to whittle away my fat, so I better drop it quick. She's way younger than me so I need a head start.

UPDATE:

Weighed myself at the gym and I wasn't as bad off as I had thought. I am shooting for 2 lbs, not a lot I know but the stuborn few are harder than big poundage. I was going to say I have a small frame but I'm 5'10" so I guess small isn't really accurate but I do have small bones, so the 2 lbs will take me to where I was a few years ago. I won't tell you how much I weigh (or how little for that matter) as it always gets me in trouble. "Twig girl" and "strong wind will blow you away" are usual answers.

Good luck!



4 comments:

Go Nicole Yourself said...

For the record, I'm not that young and it takes me twice as long to lose weight as normal humans due to an awesome thyroid. So - the goal (at least for me) is five lbs by my birthday which is May 27th.

I love and live on the cheese/bread/wine diet so it's sucky to give it up. That's why I joined WW so I didn't have to!

I won't hold you to it if you don't want me to, but for now, I'm listening to you and your big mouth.

Gnomeself Be True said...

Girth? You don't have girth! Heck, you barely have width!

Shawna said...

Must be nice to think that 2-5 pounds will turn you into something new and refreshed.

I hate skinny bitches! hahahaha

Ed & Jeanne said...

I'll be happy to supply some doner fat should you wish to lose more and have a real challenge!