Wednesday, April 04, 2007

Message in a bottle.

















I was stuck without an idea for today's post and as luck would have it I was given a mission from VE. Here is my thank-god-I-just-happened-to-pack-this list in the unlikely event I am stranded on a deserted island.

One ipod song: Well, considering I am the only person on the face of the earth that doesn't own an ipod and would I likely need a solar powered laptop to charge it, I'm going to suspend disbelief and say the Police's "Message in a Bottle", for obvious reasons.

One DVD: Again that solar powered laptop will come in handy here (thank god I invented it before I left home) I think the one DVD I could really use is the complete Gilligan's Island series. Excellent reference guide on making coconut phones and the like.

One book: Obviously the bible, since I never read it. Ooops, surely it's not cool to josh about the good book. I would pick Johnathan Franzen's "The Corrections" since it's the only book I've ever purchased and just couldn't get through. Luckily I've brought it on this trip although because of it's size it is considered my carry-on luggage.

One type of drink: Bottled water. Surprised you there, huh? Well it just so happens I am stranded with Jesus, so I can have my water and drink wine too.

One kind of meal: Spaghetti. I guess.

One dessert: Wine, I'm not a huge fan of sweets. This is just in case Jesus is lazy about the water to wine thing.

One toiletry item: Razor, I hate hairy armpits. But in case I just happened to have it all lasered off before my trip, shampoo.

One photograph: Hmmm, I guess this one since I think it just might cheer me up.

Anyone who wants to play along feel free. Let me know in comments so I can read yours.



4 comments:

Gnomeself Be True said...

You and me babe...no ipod.
Don't pack a picture of Rufus, pack Rufus! A girl's gotta eat!

Ed & Jeanne said...

Now that wasn't the Rufus pic I thought you'd pack ;)

Oh, and can you pre-order the type of wine and vintage when Jesus does that water-to-wine thing?

House of Suz said...

Which one were you thinking, VE?

Ed & Jeanne said...

I thought sure you'd have the singing one.