Sunday, April 01, 2007

These are a few of my favorite things......

Hints, tips and things I like.

Aveda's Shampure shampoo and conditioner is fabulous but if you don't like even the faintest hint of patchouli then you may want to try their Rosemary Mint shampoo and conditioner instead.

Try Ranch Style Beans instead of baked beans at your next BBQ; the unique taste will make you glad you did. Try adding onions or even a finely chopped jalapeno for extra flavor. This is the real thing, made in Fort Worth, Texas and in the Pacific Northwest you can find them at Fred Meyers (where they are relabeled as Ranch Style Texan Beans because we might not get it without the "Texas" part).

Desert Essence makes the best lip balm ever in their Lip Rescue with Shea Butter; I couldn't find it on their web site but you can probably find it at a Whole Foods or a similar shop. It's even better than Aveda's Lip Saver, although Desert Essence's lip balm doesn't glow under black light like the Aveda version does, which is kinda fun if you happen to frequent cosmic bowling night.

Love a nice Oregon Pinot Noir? Try ordering online from my buddies at Cork. Cottonwood's 2003 Marina Piper is a particular favorite.

I love the handbags made by Matt and Nat and they are animal friendly if that is important to you. Great styles to boot and they have an attaching key ring in each bag.

I like finding out secrets and you can do that here. Post Secrets is a weekly obsession of mine.

Everyone knows I love Rufus Wainwright but I have to admit that my favorite of his albums is probably Poses. Beautiful music and the haunting songs bring back equally beautiful memories of a particularly difficult time in my life.

If you're a tall female and also a stick like me, Banana Republic has EXTRA TALL SIZES!!!!! Perhaps my life of "high waters" is over.

.....and that makes me happy.

No comments: