Tuesday, July 11, 2006

If you're happy and you know it stick out your tongue!


Eddy and I met a couple of his friends for dinner last night at this cute little Cuban restaurant here in Ptown. This cute little carrot man adorned a slice of Island Carrot Cake. It was so cute I took a photo. So while my dining partners chose normal entrees, I decided on the Lengua en Salsa----sounds lovely, doesn't it? Well, it's pig's tongue and I ordered it because the waiter said it was really good and the menu said it was a "chef favorite". That's all well and good but a tongue is a tongue is a tongue. Nuff said. Indigestion all night, but I'm sure that was more the fault of the salsa than the tongue. I should have taken a photo of it because the chef did nothing to disguise the meal; it was a plate of tongues and they looked like tongues. Very tender though. Oh, and lots of jokes like "Oh, I just bit my tongue" and "Grab a spoon, I swallowed my tongue". Hey, that carrot looks a bit like a tongue, now that I think about it.

Hey, while I'm thinking about it, check out this blog. It's pretty funny and very random. We like random.

5 comments:

Gnomeself Be True said...

Just like you to go out to eat and let the waiter slip you the tounge!

Steven said...

Mmmm.. I love cuban food. I've never tried tougues though.

I'm assuming you went to Pambiche. They have a great assortment of desserts.

I noticed that several of their condiments came from Asia. Let's get rid of that embargo so that we can get them some real cuban sauces! How long have we had the embargo, and who exactly has it helped?

40 or so year.

Nobody.

markjamesmurphy said...

Thanks for the link, Suz!!!!!

House of Suz said...

Yes steven, Pambiche. Very good but I wouldn't exactly recommend the tongue, because well, it looks like plate with a few fried plantaines and a bunch of tongues. Remindes me of World According to Garp.

And iamnot....Leave it to you to take it to a new level. Been back to Mecca?

mjm...Keep up the good work.

House of Suz said...

Oh, the "been back to Mecca?" is for mjm.