Tuesday, February 16, 2010

Bing Yourself. Doesn't quite roll off the tongue like "google yourself", right?

Somehow bing (all lower case? Does someone have self esteem issues?) has decided it is my work computer's search engine of choice so I was a bit dismayed when I searched for "house of suz" and it came up with nothing I thought it would. Said being everything from some person (named Suz, imagine that) in Florida talking about how her house was listed but had gotten NO offers to the post from a couple named "Suz and Trev" in Australia---love the way the Brits shorten stuff--- but not a single mention of MOI. And with that I say WTF??? I asked for bing to find house-of-suz, not some-chick-in-Florida-talking-about-her-house. And I know I've been laying low of late but hell, Google still knows ME. Google always says "Hey Suz, how's Rufus doin'?" whenever I "google" House of Suz. So I know it's not me, it's bing. bing is kind of narrow-minded when you "bing", by design, of course, so I guess it doesn't like to go out on a limb and assume you aren't looking for anything it doesn't think you should be looking for, even if what you typed in it's search field, ie: House of Suz, is exactly what you were looking for. So for that I think it's a perfect tool for the workplace since it keeps you on task and doesn't allow for distractions or creativity. Or accuracy, which isn't necessary in the work place either.

To that end I suggest you take the bing challenge, which has been invented by the marketing department here at House of Suz. Search for yourself in Google and then in bing and see what you get. I'd be interested to see how the two searches differ. Just a little experiment, mind you. I'll check for myself, um, myself, tomorrow, when I'm at work. Because at work I use bing. Because I don't matter there, either.

No comments: